We are a church for people who don’t go to church.
- This does not mean that we are a shallow church.
- This does mean that we will do everything we can to make people feel welcome and loved no matter where they are in life.
- This means that we worship God in a way that is meaningful and heartfelt for the people in our culture.
- It also means we are committed to teaching the Bible in a way that is true to what Scripture says, yet is understandable to those who aren’t familiar with churchy language.
To make disciples who are Passionately Committed to Christ.
We accomplish this by showing others how to:
- Be Socially Purposeful
- Be Intimate with God
- Apply God’s Word
- Be Recklessly Generous
- Make New Disciples
The original Scriptures are God’s Word without error. Human authors were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write God’s Word. Understanding the Bible requires the work of the Holy Spirit and accurately interpreting Scripture. We believe that the historical/grammatical method of interpretation is the most accurate way to interpret Scripture. This method utilizes the historical and textual context in which a particular passage was written, and analyzes the original language in order to accurately interpret the passage.
Meet Pastor Todd
- I grew up in a great family that taught me to love Christ.
- I met my wife in 11th grade Chemistry class. At first, it was a love/hate relationship… I loved her and she hated me. She says that I grew on her… kind of like mold. We dated for 6 years and then got married. We have been happily married since.
- We have two children, Rebecca and Joshua. We had a difficult time having kids and had to experience the heartache of disappointment time and again. We even sought the help of fertility doctors, but ultimately it was God who provided. We now have two beautiful children that I am extremely proud of.
- I studied and trained in Psychology at FIU. I served for almost four years as a counselor at the Homestead Job Corps Center working with adolescents. God called me to be a youth pastor at Wayside Baptist Church in 2004 where I served for ten years. During my ten years at Wayside, I earned a Master of Arts and Religion degree as well as a Master of Divinity degree. After helping start a contemporary service at Wayside, I knew God was leading me to be a lead pastor. It took a while for God to convince me that we should be starting a brand new church, but in January of 2014, we started The Pulse of Miami Church. Now I have the privilege of serving at a church that desires to be a church for people who don’t go to church. This is the biggest challenge, but also the most exhilarating thing I have ever experienced! Thank you to those who allow me to be your pastor.
Generosity is our privilege because Jesus was first generous towards us. Join with the vision of The Pulse of Miami Church to make an impact in the Miami community.
This endpoint has been retired